Tuesday 11 October 2011

Meet Fred...

...My new sewing machine.


Fred has lived in my house for a few weeks but we didn't start getting to know each other until today.  He's sturdy and easy to use so I think we might become good friends.  Honestly, I don't think I've used a sewing machine since I made a skirt when I was 17.  That's a long time ago.  Like, over 5 years! (Okay...maybe even more than that)  Luckily, when my mom bought Fred for me (thanks mom!!), she also bought a handy guide to help me relearn many things I've forgotten.


I'm definitely a beginner again!  Phrases beginning with, "What the..." and "Where the..." came out of my mouth a lot.  A LOT!  Anyway, during my son's nap today I cut out all the pattern pieces for the doll I'm making and I even sewed some arms and legs.  I would show them off here but, unfortunately, all my work is top secret for now.  Oh...and they weren't that good.  In fact, I'll be sewing the arms and legs again later.  It's nice to be sewing again, though!  Hooray!

4 comments:

  1. Your Fred is so handsome. I have never used a sewing machine before. I hope to learn sewing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I remember my first project, it was dress and it failed totally! I never finished it. But, after that I made some nice more easy projects. Pillow cases, some things for the dog and I want to make many more! Please show your doll soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to share the little doll...but I have to wait until I give her to my friend on November 5th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *SQUEAK* I am so excited to see you guys, and my new dolly, in Nov. Hope you like your piccy ;¬) xxx

    ReplyDelete